Sunday, February 17, 2019

Paleo Peppered Sausage



Ingredients:
1 1/2 pounds of ground pork
1 purple onion, chopped finely
2 Tbsp rubbed sage
1 Tbsp ground fennel
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
1 tsp white pepper
cayenne pepper, to taste
Fresh ground pepper for topping


Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and then line a baking tray with parchment paper. Add all ingredients together in a mixing bowl and mix until throughly combined. Take a gold ball sized lump and roll into balls and flatten slightly to make a thick patty. (I always roll my sausages into logs and for my husband, who eats Paleo, I make his into patties so I don't accidentally eat his by mistake.) Before baking use a pepper mill to sprinkle each patty with fresh ground pepper before baking. Bake for 30 minutes or until edges begin to brown slightly. Cool completely and then store in the freezer for a quick breakfast or snack. My husband likes to eat these with his eggs in the morning and topped with guacamole.



No comments:

Post a Comment