Sunday, September 1, 2019

Le Burger Week (Burger #1)

Years ago, A friend of mine told me about an eating event in my city called "Le Burger Week". It was always fun to go out and try the different burgers that restaurants were offering during that week. When I started AIP almost two years ago, I thought that it would mean the end of my chance to be a participant in this event. I was very bummed not to participate last year. When this year's burger listings came out, I realized that I could embark on a new challenge: I could recreate an AIP/Paleo version of some of the entries! So that's exactly what I am doing to do. Seven days of Le Burger Week, Seven versions of Seven Burgers that I have adapted so I can eat along with everyone else!

First up: The Duke of Pembina:

and my version:




I only used one beef patty (all beef seasoned with garlic and onion)

paleo mayo (AIP reintroduction of eggs and mustard) 
with crushed garlic and fresh basil from my garden

(AIP reintroduction of tomatoes, chili powder, and mustard)

sweet pickles (I love this brand!)

caramelized onions 
(thinly slice a vidalia onion and fry over medium heat until golden, adding water as needed)

"aged cheddar"

Shredded Lettuce
(I used iceberg but I noticed the actual picture was not very shredded and looked more like Romaine)

and for my "brioche bun"
(AIP reintroduction of almonds, eggs, and sesame seeds)

Topped with a sweet currant tomato from my garden (AIP reintroduction)

Verdict: Delicious! My husband and I both enjoyed this burger. Who says you can't enjoy Le Burger Week even if you are on a restricted diet....it's a bit more work than just heading out to the restaurant but I feel like I'm not missing out on the fun aspect and the enjoyment aspect of the event. 




No comments:

Post a Comment