Monday, September 2, 2019

Le Burger Week (Burger #2)

Check out other burgers from this week:

Burger #1

Today's burger: The Prairie Double Pounder



and the version I created for my husband:


I only used a single beef patty
(ground beef with onion and garlic)

For the bacon and onion jam I used this recipe
but instead of hickory bacon I just used my regular compliant bacon and instead of brown sugar I used coconut sugar.
(reintroduction of cayenne, coffee, cumin, and pepper)

For the smoked gouda I used this recipe
(It turned out so good!)

I used iceberg lettuce

For the spicy mayo I added some Lola's hot sauce (AIP reintroduction) and some chipotle powder to some paleo mayo

For the "crispy onions" I sautéed onions until golden and then added some coconut flour and stir fried until they were kind of crispy  



I fried an egg to go on top (AIP reintroduction)

and made and baked this recipe in ramekins for the bun (AIP reintroduction: almonds, and sesame seeds for topping)

Verdict: I didn't taste this because I am a bit of a wimp when it comes to hot stuff but my husband loved it. I was totally impressed by the gouda cheese because it actually melted on the hot burger patty and I had to snap a photo quickly before it melted right off the burger! I'm looking forward to using some of these components (the jam, the smoked gouda, and the bbq sauce) on my own burger or burger bowl without the spicy mayo!



No comments:

Post a Comment