Thursday, September 5, 2019

Le Burger Week (Burger #5)

Check out other burgers from this week:

Burger #1

Burger # 2

Burger # 3

Burger # 4

Today's burger: The Sangria

My version:


I thought a beef patty didn't seem to go with the flavours of this burger so I made it with a chicken patty. (Ground chicken, onion, and garlic)

I bought frozen saskatoons and loosely followed this recipe to make a compote using about 1 cup of berries and 1 tbsp of honey instead of sugar.

I used fresh spinach.

I used compliant bacon (no nitrates)

I made a peach sauce using fresh diced peaches a drizzle of honey and I cooked them until the mixture was slightly thickened. 

I used this recipe for the cheddar

and I served it on a plantain "bun"

Verdict: oh yum! I loved this flavour combo! I love peaches and it was a delicious condiment for this burger. I am all about the sauces and although this burger had the saskatoon compote and the honey peach sauce, I would have added a dollop of mayo as well. I love a sloppy burger!

No comments:

Post a Comment